Kibatsuna
Good evening/morning/noon!
I'm Iris, your new best friend and new admin.
This forum is welcoming new members and we would be glad if you would join us!
Take a look over at the 'Everything You Need To Know' category and read the Plot Of Kibatsuna and you will know whats going on!
Then, upon joining, introduce yourself!
Any questions or concerns,
PM SubDelta or I.
Have fun role-playing,
Iris.
Kibatsuna
Good evening/morning/noon!
I'm Iris, your new best friend and new admin.
This forum is welcoming new members and we would be glad if you would join us!
Take a look over at the 'Everything You Need To Know' category and read the Plot Of Kibatsuna and you will know whats going on!
Then, upon joining, introduce yourself!
Any questions or concerns,
PM SubDelta or I.
Have fun role-playing,
Iris.
Kibatsuna
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Every Other Freckle {open}
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 3:02 pm by Delta

» Plot of Kibatsuna
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:39 am by Delta

» Dorian Pavus
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:31 am by Delta

» Thread starter!
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:00 am by Delta

» Radiated Redemption (w/ Valkyrie)
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 am by Delta

» Founding admin change!
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 pm by Iris

» Nuclear Nirvana (SubDelta & Plamya)
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:52 pm by Plamya

» 'Official' Anime Thread
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:08 pm by Plamya

» Hello my Lovelies
The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 1:14 am by Iris

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iris
Admin
Iris

The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) Empty
PostSubject: The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)   The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Hiding from the Warui was always a struggle, but things were slightly more comforting with a circle of seven tents giving most of the Survivors a place to call home, temporarily. They were always packing up and on the move once a band of Warui soldiers attacked or when there was news spreading that the Warui knew the whereabouts of the camp. One of the problems with moving all the time was having to relocate the infirmary with all the sick children and darling elders. Iris didn't like it very much because there wasn't quite enough food to satisfy her empty stomach, it was always split evenly amongst the infirmity and the children in the camp, and apparently Iris wasn't 'young enough' to be considered a child. When she didn't receive enough food, she got cranky. VERY cranky. Unfortunately, the monthly trip into Kibatsuna and back to deliver food wasn't for another two weeks, and their supply was running low, for they had received less food than any other month in the past year.
            Rummaging through the supply tent, Iris dug through wooden crates for what seemed like hours, looking for anything edible and satisfying enough for her. The only slightly good foods she could conjure up was packets of powdered peanuts and artificially flavored bags of hard rock-like fruits, cut out into shapes similar to something you'd find lying dead in a ditch somewhere. You weren't supposed to take food without first asking the camp leader, Zazabob, but he was out hunting and no one was around to watch her. Just in case, instead of her blue button down sweater and pink school-attire miniskirt, she was fully clothed in black. Her face was covered by a man-made ski-mask and her long blonde hair was tucked inside it comfortably. The only thing on her body that could possibly give her identity away was her red eyes peering out of the holes in the mask or her height, for she was on the short side....Unlike most people in the camp, who towered over her. The supplies were held in the infirmary, but she wasn't that worried about waking anyone, for most of the inhabitants were either in coma or too delirious to even notice her. The infirmary was set up similar to a small, shitty, hospital room, with five wooden single beds, with barely enough arm space and always gave you a uncomfortable knot in your back whenever you slept in it or stayed in the same position for too long. Pillows made from birds feathers that Zazabob killed and brought back to the camp were about a foot long and half a foot wide, barely big enough for your head. The blankets they provided were about as thin as a single sheet of paper, and felt the same, also. The medicine was scarce, and was also delivered to the camp with the food supply. Usually the only medicine the camp received was a horrible concoction of overdue cough medicine and anything that will make you pass out till you either die, or get over it with sleep.
       She stuffed the artificial fruits in her back pockets and grabbed a couple pieces of candy meant for the littler kids. She raised the white sheet used as a wall for the tent and snuck around to the backside and sat Indian-style in the dark and chilly night. She took off the mask and sat it in the middle of her legs, so she could eat properly. Her golden locks of hair cascaded down her back in spirals, because she couldn't find a make-shift brush to brush it out straight while it was wet. She was careful not to make noise as she opened the rappers to the candy, for the people in tents six and one were very keen at hearing. Usually Zazabob slept in his own personal tent, Tent Four, but lately he's stayed up all night hunting for food for the camp while everybody else slept soundly in their tents, or around the bonfire if you had nowhere else to sleep and all the tents were filled. Usually she resided next to the blazing fire, because she didn't trust anyone at the camp enough to sleep in a 'room' with them. She sat there, chewing silently at some ridiculous candy, staring at her reflection staring back at her in a puddle.
Back to top Go down
jumjummju

jumjummju

PostSubject: Re: The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)   The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Maria's stomach growled ferociously at her, in protest of it's lack of nutrients. She bid it to shut up as she tried to curl up on the uncomfortable bed in the tent, to no avail. She didn't feel like she'd be getting any sleep tonight, due to sheer hunger.

She swung her legs over the side of the bed and slowly got up, feeling stiff from the slabs of wood they called beds around here. She didn't know what she was going to do. Steal some food? Wrangle a rabbit somewhere? She didn't know, nor care. She was just hungry.

She exited the tent via the back, silently, so as to avoid even going near the bonfire in front. She didn't like fire at all.

She walked around the outside of the camp until she came upon the back of the infirmary. Sitting behind it was what appeared to be a little girl, a bit too young. While she knew this girl probably wasn't innocent in the slightest to have survived out here, her appearance still contrasted the harsh look of the rest of the world as it was right now. Except for the hockey mask she was carrying, anyway.

However, this little girl angered Maria. This was because she looked to be eating something. Considering how everyone was starving, this was hardly fair, even if she was a kid.

Since she appeared to have not noticed Maria yet, she calmly walked over to her and whispered, "Hey," before sitting down next to her.

Then Maria stuck her hand out towards the girl. "Share, unless you want me to tell them." Maria was hungry enough to be fine with blackmailing a kid, if that's what it took.
Back to top Go down
Iris
Admin
Iris

PostSubject: Re: The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)   The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Iris was nibbling on the piece of candy when she heard footsteps behind her, and a threatening whisper in her ear. She smiled a bit, and turned towards the girl and gave her the best fake smile she could muster up. "Hi! I'm Iris." She ignored the threat,for she wasn't really that nervous or angered. She moved the candy into her jacket pocket and moved her white-blonde,long,spirally hair behind her right ear and smirked. "Lovely night for a feast, don't ya know?"Iris swallowed her candy and shoveled through her jacket pocket for another piece.
Popping it in her mouth as she stared at the girl in a tan jacket, she smacked her lips and giggled. "Ya hungry?" She inquired, raising her eyebrow as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
jumjummju

jumjummju

PostSubject: Re: The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)   The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Unfortunately for Maria, the cheeky little girl didn't instantly submit to her demands and give her food. Maria guessed she wasn't easily intimidated, despite being so young, at least in appearance. This fact impressed Maria a bit.

"Damn right, I'm hungry," Maria replied, with a grin that must've been hard to spot in the low-light conditions.

"I'm Maria. Mind sharing a bit, at least one bite?" Maria sighed. "I'm a bit desperate for a meal, if you can't tell. Haven't eaten since yesterday. If it makes a difference, sorry for the blackmail, I'm just fucking starving at this point."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)   The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Battle With Hunger (open, but PM me to join!)
Page 1 of 1